Celtic transfer news: Paris Saint-Germain striker Timothy Weah close to joining Scottish champions on loan

Celtic transfer news: Paris Saint-Germain striker Timothy Weah close to joining Scottish champions on loan
Celtic are understood to be close to signing Timothy Weah on loan.The 18-year-old Paris Saint-Germain whizz-kid used Instagram to confirm he will move elsewhere for the remainder of the season to gain more experience.He has not confirmed where he will go, but signed off the post with: I will miss the stadium, and the energy that the fans bring to each match I hope that after these 6 months, I will be able to come back to the Parc des Princes to give my all for you. I am proud to be Parisian.According to RMC Sport, French sides Amiens, Strasbourg, Rennes and Caen have all shown interest in the teenager, but Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has played a role in Weahs final decision. Kolo Toure, who is now one of Rodgers assistants, also spoke with the player about joining the Scottish champions.Weah, the son of former Milan and PSG striker George, was born in New York City in 2000 and joined the PSG youth academy in 2014, signing his first professional contract with the French club three years later. He made his first-team debut in a Ligue 1 match against Troyes in March and scored his first league goal in the 2018/19 season opener against Caen.Weah scored his first league goal for PSG earlier this season2
Weah scored his first league goal for PSG earlier this season
“There are people that said I will not be as good as my father, that I am trash and asked why I am playing for the US,” he has previously said. In addition to a stellar playing career, which also brought him the 1995 Ballon d’Or, the elder Weah is now Liberia’s president.“You know, that is just pushing me to be the star that my country has been looking for.“My dream is eventually becoming the greatest talent to come out of the United States and New York, being a starter and playing for my country.“I have done a lot to get here. I have faced a lot of people who said that I would always be in my father’s shadow. I just take that, and I use that as a boost, because, as much as I love my father, I am trying to make a name for myself.”Speaking to Sports Illustrated in October, Weah also discussed how being exposed to the qualities of his team-mates on a daily basis has helped, though admitted to being a late bloomer in comparison to Kylian Mbappe. Its crazy, he said. At training I see Neymar do crazy stuff. Mbappe, hes closer to my age, so I relate more with him, and when I see him doing the stuff he does in training, it kind of pushes me to go out there and try hard and also be myself and show what I can do with the ball at my feet.“You know, Im getting there. Im a late bloomer. Its taking time. But I try to just take it day by day. I train hard. Even after training, I stay two hours behind and try to work on my passes and finishing. Its getting there. And I cant wait until Im at my full potential and can show the world what I can do.Weah has benefited from training with Neymar, Gianluigi Buffon and Kylian Mbappe2
Weah has benefited from training with Neymar, Gianluigi Buffon and Kylian Mbappe


The Hammers have been in mixed form this season.

Harry Redknapp is planning to make Chelsea captain John Terry his first signing if he becomes the new Swansea manager, according to the Daily Telegraph. The former Tottenham manager has been thrown in the hat as a possible replacement for Bob Bradley, who was sacked by the club after just 11 games in charge on Tuesday, and has already outlined his transfer plans without
Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Chelsea want Coutinho to

Reece Oxford during a loan spell at Borussia Monchengladbach last season

CHELSEA vs WEST HAM Chelsea are unbeaten in 12 home league meetings against West Ham Olivier Giroud has had a hand in nine goals in 11 Premier League games against West Ham Eden Hazard has registered a league-high 12 assists in this campaign West Ham could go four Premier League matches without defeat in this […]
Chelsea v West Ham United - Premier League live - bbc.com

Olivier Giroud scores Chelsea’s third

Barry Fry resigns as Posh director after accepting FA betting charge By tip180 on February 15, 2019 No Comments / 31 views Barry Fry's 16-year spell on the Peterborough United board came to end on February 1, the day after he was fined £35,000 and banned for four months by the Football Association for breaking its rules against betting.
Barry Fry resigns as Posh director after accepting FA betting



Rangers keeper Allan McGregor red card: Kris Boyd slams 'absolutely mental' kick at Mark McNulty Football Scotland 18:19 5-May-19 Rangers boss Steven Gerrard 'running out of ideas' after Allan McGregor red card Football Scotland 18:19 5-May-19
Rangers keeper Allan McGregor should be banned sine die

Tosun has failed to set the Premier League alight at Everton

Premier League legend Rio Ferdinand expects the pendulum to swing in Liverpool's favour during the second leg of their Champions League knockout stage match against Bayern Munich on Wednesday
Man Utd legend Ferdinand backing rivals Liverpool to beat

Harry and Meghan’s child to be named Donald is 500/1

Sheffield United moved up to second, ahead of Leeds on goal difference. of Cedric Kipre and going ahead through Patrick Bamford three Championship roundup: Leeds stunned as Bolton
Championship roundup: Leeds United back on top with rout of

Pepe has been prolific in front of goal over the past couple of seasons

'Mohamed Salah went to a better drama school than me!' - Vinnie Jones on Liverpool star's 'dive' against Cardiff Vinnie Jones has joked Liverpool star Mohamed Salah is a better actor than he is after the Egyptian's 'dive' against Cardiff City. Bluebirds boss Neil talkSPORT 1 week ago
Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool: Watch Mohamed Salah's frustrated

Neil Warnock could not contain his excitement at full-time

Wolves vs Liverpool team news: Jurgen Klopp starts youngsters Curtis Jones and Rafa Camacho in FA Cup tie Written by: fpnews Posted on: January 7, 2019 Jurgen Klopp has made nine changes to his Liverpool team for the FA Cup tie against Wolves on Monday night - a game you can listen to live on talkSPORT.
Wolves vs Liverpool team news: Jurgen Klopp starts youngsters

Ricca leaps for a header against Real Madrid.

Juventus offer Dybala + cash for Manchester United star, Manchester United close on €170m double deal for Serie A duo and more Serie A news: 27 April 2019
Transfer news live: Man United 'submit stunning £84m bid' for

Maurizio Sarris Chelsea face Slavia Prague in the Europa League tonight

Huddersfield Town v West Ham United: All you need to know WHUFC.com West Ham United make the trip up the M1 to Huddersfield Town for this weekend's Premier League fixture. The Irons head into Saturday's contest on the back of a thrilling 4-2 victory against Burnley, while Huddersfield secured their first league win of the…
Sam Allardyce | BrentfordFC

Glenn Murray returns to the home side’s fold
Christian Eriksen assists: Tottenham playmaker equals

Chilwell is one of the first names on the Leicester team sheet

Liverpool have made another key addition to Jurgen Klopp's backroom staff, according to an exclusive report from Training Ground Guru.. TGG report that Manchester City's Head Physiotherapist Lee Nobes has left the Premier League champions to take up a role with Liverpool.
Man City head physio Lee Nobes quitting to join title rivals

Post a Comment

0 Comments